About eNEET Rural Project
WHY: In many rural areas of Europe there are few job opportunities. Youth unemployment is high, and many young people who have dropped out of school are low-skilled and have difficulties getting a job. This is especially true for the disabled and those belonging to ethnic minorities, who face discrimination from education and employers.
WHAT: The project will focus on innovation and technology in the agricultural sector and create a toolkit for young people who are no longer in the education system and not working or being trained for work (NEETs). The toolkit will include online, offline trainings, youth competition, staff exchange and mentoring services. Our project will diminish skill shortage of young people living in rural areas and will boost their entrepreneurship to increase the employment in agriculture in rural areas. Furthermore, the networks between the players of the innovation system will be strengthened to even agro-innovation-related competences of NEETs in rural areas.
- Transferring efficient practices and innovative solutions on how to train young people:
- NOBLE Ideas’ methodology for the target group with interest to set-up businesses
- PHILOXENIA’s adopted common operational mechanism for the reception activities of people opening their business in rural areas
- JOBKIT methodology for participants to individualise internal and external resources of each one and each group: share the resources to overcome those obstacles
- Widening involvement of stakeholders: NGOs, civil society organisations and SMEs to maximize the visibility of the present project as well as to reach the necessary number of candidates during the project and in the capitalization phase
- Innovative start-up support to young entrepreneurs
- New mentoring and coaching approaches;
- the actors from the rural development and agricultural sector will act as coach of the young people attending the trainings
- Innovative focus on employability and soft skills development;
- not only agro-professional but soft skills-facilitating training to be held
- Mixing learning arenas:
- online and on-the-spot trainings at the actors of rural areas and/or in the innovation parks/incubators will be held
- Innovative short and long mobility staff exchanges
- NEETS with a secondary school diploma will mostly benefit from trainings which facilitate them to set up companies
- NEETs without a diploma will receive trainings which prepare them for skilled jobs
- agricultural holdings/farmers hosting and mentoring the students can access trained staff
- other stakeholders will become engaged in an international professional network of youth development related stakeholders, they are invited to take part in transnational visits and staff exchange programs..
eNEET Rural approach is fundamentally conceived to be extended, replicable to support new participants, young people in gaining needed skills on their way to employment or starting own entrepreneurial challenge.
During the project lifetime we will achieve the following goals:
- 300+ NEETs attending agro-technological online and offline trainings
- 900 NEETs attending soft-skill development online and offline trainings, involved in active job search
- operational eNEET Rural System with interlinks and coordination of partners’ local service facilities/activities; online educational platform and related community; transnational network; circuit of transnational and national events
- 18 best performing trained NEETs taking part in 3-5 days international mobility actions
- 30 NEETs attending 1-3 month mobility actions at national agricultural holdings
- 6 mentoring services to NEETs attending the long-term mobility actions
- 20 stakeholders attending study visits to improve their activities and influence policy making
- 45 NEETs in the process of starting their own businesses
- 2000 users to reach via social media, articles in specialised press, newsletters, press releases, interviews, etc.
The project will maximise the transferability of results achieved to other regions and to other communities of actors and target groups than those involved in the project itself. Thanks to these actions we will contribute to the creation of 200 new jobs.
Our project is inspired by the principles of co-operation, sharing and sustainability!